How is Beanstalk doing in the current market conditions?
- Beanstalk is currently at .96 cents and the Temperature is at 5000 percent and increasing. Due to the refinement in Soil issuance, there is not a significant risk to Beanstalk in terms of Pod issuance at a certain Temperature. The Dutch auction that Brean is working on, will be a considerable improvement.
- Publius thinks the next significant improvement to the Field might be adding some sort of downward reflexivity. Publius adds that Beanstalk needs to attract lenders to return to Peg. Publius also thinks the Silo and the Field should optimize around the same things
- Publius thinks it is pretty cool to see the first Chop. The option has always been there, and it is cool to see it at work. You would imagine that the Chop and secondary market be around the same haircut.
Could the DAO pass a BIP to divide the temperature by X amount?
- The DAO can do whatever it wants, but it would be better to make an autonomous mechanism to run by itself and does not need manual intervention by the DAO
Discussion around Compost
- This idea is around burning Pods for Stalk. Publius says that the Silo and the Field are separate, and in the Silo all Stalk has BDV. Publius doesn't think it makes sense to mix the Silo and the Field, they also do not know how this would affect Peg maintenance.
- Compost would be a preferred debt, a Farmer could turn their Pods into Compost then the Compost goes to a separate line. The new line would share Bean mints with the current Pod line. There are a lot of open questions around this, including what would the conversion rate be between Pods and Compost. Publius think that there are too many open questions and there is no real benefit to Beanstalk.
- Publius adds that there is a difference between people stuck in the Pod line and benefits to Beanstalk. This is the reason why Pods do not give you governance rights
Is there any meaning around people taking a loss on Fert on the secondary markets?
- There was some confusion around this question and Mod323 will take another stab at it when they understand it better.